January 11, 2008

upswing

Fortunately, this week has been (mostly) much better. I had my last day at work on Tuesday, which was very busy and surprisingly sad. For a place I was so done with, it was somewhat difficult to actually be done with it. But now I am.

And then Wednesday, my parents and I sat down and planned out our holiday in Greece. It's far away, but it will be lovely - both to soak up the blue blue water and white white buildings of the islands, but to see them. They come at essentially the halfway point of my trip, so I am sure I will be lonely and glad to see them. And then its al downhill from there.

I also got my Egypt tour sorted out - and once I got my tour booked and the tickets to and from, I just let it all go. It will be good. It will be amazing. And I get to go to the Dead Sea, which is a nice bonus.

(It's funny - as I do all of my planning, I realize how little "completion" in my travel I will be getting to check off. I know I will have to go back to Australia, to see the West Coast and Ayers Rock and the like. I am not going to Vietnam, so at some point I will be back in Southeast Asia. Every region - if not most countries - will not be done for me. But between Petra, the Dead Sea, Amman, and the ruins there, there's a good chance I will be done with Jordan, and probably Egypt as well. So it's nice to have that checked off m lifelong to-see list).

I have done all my errands (said goodbye to Target, gotten a last dental cleaning before losing my insurance, done one last-ditch presentation for my second job because at this point I will take any little bit of added income I can get, gone to the bank, etc), I have steam cleaned by bathroom (next up: bedroom. Yowza, I am a slob), and I have put away all of my books and plans and budgets, and am basically ready to head out. I think.

OK, so I am still a little baffled that this is real and I am doing this ON TUESDAY, but at least my mood is way better about it. I have lost the GOD I am so TIRED of this I don't even want to GO feeling, which is good.

I still want to go.

No comments: