January 23, 2008

coca light: chile

For anyone who has known me for more than about 60 seconds, you know that I take my Diet Coke very seriously. I love it. I love it almost as much as my mom ( I also love it almost as much as my mom loves it. Heh.).

When my consumption reached dangerous heights, in an effort to pare it down, I decided to only drink the best. So I drink fountain Diet Coke, and have for long enough that I no longer like the canned or bottled stuff.

All of this is to say that I am a big fan of my Diet Coke, and my tastebuds are very mightily honed in that area.

I knew going in that international Diet Coke is just not the same, and it isn´t. But I am trying it here and there, just to see if any of it is passable.

Chilean Coca Light? Sucks. It´s got that terrible sugar on my teeth feeling of regular Coke, and the nasty fake sweetener aftertaste of some saccharine byproduct. Not a winner, folks. Not a winner at all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously!

Annie, I feel for you. When you get back- i know, a long away day- I shall treat you to the best fountain diet coke Burger King has to offer!

It is burger king that is your fav- yes?

Mar

Anonymous said...

Anne -
I knew this would be a tough obstacle - maybe it'll be better in other parts of the world. I have my fingers crossed and I'll drink one for you today.

Mom

ruchi said...

I hope you're taking pictures of all your various diet coke cans.

I think it's McDonald's coke, but it might also be 7-11s.

ScienceMama said...

Boo! I would die!

Anonymous said...

I also take my diet coke very seriously. I feel your pain and will drink one for you, as well.

Coca-Cola Light just doesn't do it!

-mofo