January 13, 2008

The Official Packing Post

I am all packed. I leave on Tuesday, not tomorrow, but as I realize anything I may have missed, this way, I can pack it right away instead of taxing my overstressed brain with trying to remember it later.

I have officially gone from this:

to this:

(minus the pillows and bed and linens of course)

So for anyone interested in what I am bringing, here is the complete packing list. It sounds like a lot, but it all fits in my pack with room to spare, and it weighs about 26lbs - all very manageable for what I am doing.

I'll do a post-mordem in July to analyze my mad packing skillz, but this is where I am starting out:

clothing, etc:
tank top
2 tee shirts (one wicking)
2 longsleeved (one wool)
3/4 sleeve button down
pants
jeans
bermuda short/capri
skirt
fleece
tee/cami/yoga pants (pajamas)
sarong/big ol' piece of cloth
4 socks (1 wool, 1 running, 2 cool booties)
swimsuit
packable rain jacket
sun hat
underthingies (girl's gotta have some secrets...)
buff (it's like a bandanna, but better)
flip flops
sandals
trail runners

toiletries et al:
shampoo bar
soap
toothbrush
toothpaste
floss
mouthwash
hair styling cream
face moisturizer
body moisturizer
face wash
deodorant
razor
sunblock
nail polish
polish remover pads
purell
bug repellant
concealer
foundation
mascara
tweezers
mani scissors
emory board
bobby pins
laundry soap
travel toilet paper
tissues
shout wipes
extra lip balm (i have these tucked everywhere - Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper, my addiction)
travel towel

first aid:
excedrin, benadryl, laxative, anti-diarrheal, eye drops, abreva, band aids, itch cream, decongestant, neosporin

odds & ends:
lock
head lamp
eye mask & earplugs
travel alarm clock
sleep sack
blanket
chargers
plug adapter
spoon
ziplocks, twist ties, duct tape, sharpie
nylon back to pack the pack in for checking

carry on:
book
calendar
little notebook that i've written everything in
passport
credit cards in wallet
flash drive
spanish phrasebook
pens
water bottle
ipod
guidebook pages
itinerary & paper tickets
sunglasses
watch

I think that is everything - I may have forgotten things in the list, but I think I have most things in the actual pack. I'll add anything I find I've forgotten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go to the dollar store and grab a pack or two of ponchos. It will protect you and your bag. You will be the envy of all the travelers.