January 12, 2008

an open letter

Dear fates:

I understand that people get sick. I also get that no one likes it, that everyone wishes it would go away and never come back, and that I am not an exceptional case.

But if we could, say, not have a repeat of yesterday any time between now and July, that would be awesome. I will even be more specific: yesterday morning, I was fine. Yesterday when I went to bed, I was ok. Feel free to continue those. It's the in between. Don't do that.

Yesterday was not fun - clearly, the pinnacle was me getting ill on the lawn of a strip mall, a particular incident I would care not to repeat on ANY continent. But the pervasive, violent vertigo/nausea/vomiting/clamminess that hit like some evil marriage between sea sickness and food poisoning? Please, please don't let that happen while I am gone. I so rarely get sick. Let this one be my turn for the next few months, eh? See, I won't have my mom on hand with tepid ginger ale, a sofa to lay on and moan/nap/watch TiVo, and a supply of bland, digestible food that requires no trips to the market on my part.

So until I have those things back going for me, I would really, really appreciate it if we could not repeat yesterday - or invite any of yesterday's friends over to play - whilst I am on my own and on the road.

Thanks and kisses,

annie

cc: immune system, karma, viral and bacterial nemeses

No comments: