March 12, 2008

on the...beach...ish

I really just intended to hop online super quick, check some email, let my mom know I had arrived safe. But there were lots to read and respond to, so my time clicked over to where I should finish out the hour, as I've now paid for it, so here I am online. Oops.

It's ok, though. There's nothing else to do. Considering HOW HARD IT'S RAINING. I successfully moved today from Melbourne all the way north through Cairns before settling in this adorable beachside hostel in a town called Mission Beach, and it promptly started to pour. Not that I am bitter. The weather reports are not good, also, but I am hoping they are wrong, or that I am going to be here long enough that I can get a couple of good days, enough to take a boat out to the reef and do some snorkeling, and spend a day or so on the beach. As it is, I can sit poolside, under the awning, but...not the same. It can't keep up at this rate, though, that it has been for the last hour and a half - it's raining harder than in south New Zealand at this rate. Insanity!

Send me good, clear, fine weather days, y'all. Or I may be a bit heartbroken.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer on the weather! I hope it's better today.

Anonymous said...

Rain, rain go away! Annie needs her vacation

ruchi said...

BOOO. Yeah, when we went to the reef, it rained the WHOLE WEEK!!
:( No fishies for us.

ScienceMama said...

We don't have any good weather up here to send to you...