February 07, 2008

diet coke: uruguay

Because I am not only fair and unbaised, but also deeply scientifically minded (...I think I can hear my dad's snort of derision from here), I wanted to do a real, valid, side-by-side comparison. As the comments previously mentioned, the real best of the best for diet coke is housed in the big fast food chains (McDonald's and Burger King) and at 7-11. These are places where the syrup-to-water ratio is favoriable and the best mix. I'm not saying I won't gladly go other places, but if I have one of these options before me and all other things are equal, that's where I would head.

So, to compare truly equally, my Uruguayan option was from the local McDonald's. See, apples to apples. Like to like. Awesome to pure evil, as it turns out.

It's no better from their fountain than from a Chilean 20-ouncer.

I had Brian, a die-hard Pepsi fan, try some, to see if my analysis was correct. Coke and Pepsi are much sweeter, in a different way, than diet, and this Coca Light was way way sweeter (in a sweetener way) than regular. I am assuming this is to accomodate the sweet tooth of the locals?

I don't know. Whatever it is, the medium of delivery was SO not the issue.

No comments: