February 27, 2008

diet coke: new zealand

It's taken me several tries to get a fair assessment on this one.

Try #1 was actually a rum & diet coke, at a place where all the shots are double shots. So it tasted...like rum. But it didn't make the rum taste bad, so my hopes were high.

Try #2 was from a can, and it...was good. I mean, canned Diet Coke, but not coca light or some such abomination. Slight aftertaste, slight tinnyness, but good.

try #3 was not good. Fountain diet coke has an aftertaste that will curl your toes. Seriously scary. It tastes fine, but then it...well, it tastes going down the way no good beverage should. Let's just say that.

So, the verdict is that I can drink canned (and perhaps bottled? We will try that soon) diet coke here just fine, in a pinch. It's no 7/11, but it's freedom from the Sprite prison I was in while in Argentina.

No comments: