May 27, 2008

a whole new world


I. Love. Dublin.

It;s like London, but smaller and cuter and easier to navigate. Everyone here is so young, too, with basically the entire population looking like they are in their 20s and 30s.

I just walked around yesterday, touring the city and going to St Stephen's Green, the Photography Archive, Trinity College, the shopping streets, the Liffey, all of it. It was so pleasant to walk about, even if I was wearing my long-sleeved shirt, my fleece and was still cold when the wind blew.

I also went out with a girl I had met in Bangkok, and I tired,I really did, but I just can't drink Guinness. Euch.

Today it's rainy, but I am spending the day on the bus anyhow, heading southwest to Cork. I am really excited to see more of Ireland, because so far, so good.


4 comments:

ruchi said...

Guinness is delicious, but it's not exactly a dip-your-toe-in-the-beer-pool beer. Though you might try it with ice cream (Guinness float) and see if that tastes better to you.

Anonymous said...

My husband would weep at the thought of trying Guinness in Ireland.

Anonymous said...

Well, with a bit of urging, you tried Guinness. Actually, I don't care for it either.

Unknown said...

are you sure that picture isn't from the gardens in Christchurch? It looks exactly the same!