May 07, 2008

Onto the next

Made it safe and sound to Cairo. It's such an overwhelming city, right from the start. The sprawl is huge, and from the air so many of the buildings are crowded together and the same color and not really defined, so they almost look like rubble fallen together. We did fly over the pyramids, though, so that was incredible.

I am back in heat, but it is so far WAY more bearable than Asia. I am itching to meet up with my tour tomorrow, and until then dont have a lot on the agenda. But I have officially reached a new country and a new continent. Woo!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess I am living vicariously through you, AnnieB, even in my sleep! I had a dream last night wherein I apparently had money(ha!), and was flying to Israel (o...kay), and was deciding where I wanted to go from there, either Greece or Cairo or Moscow or Belgium. And then I woke up and was all, "Dammit! I DON'T have money! ...I guess I'll just go read annieb's blog." :)