December 23, 2007

drive me crazy

This summer, a friend was having a bitch of a time getting her passport renewal sent back to her in time for her honeymoon, and the saga of it made me sort of irrationally paranoid about my own. I checked it just about daily – it doesn't need to be renewed does it? It doesn't say 2008, does it, because that's next year, you know. Every time I read about the visa requirement for one country or another requiring a passport valid for six months out - pretty standard in most countries - I would check it AGAIN. My passport has like 4 years on it; I think I'm good.

And yet, it wasn’t until I was filling out the paperwork for the new bank account I am getting for my trip (see how thorough I am? I've done my research) that I noticed my driver's license expires on my next birthday. In April. While I am in Greece. Awesome.

No, it’s not a big deal at all to take care of, but yeah, I kind of feel like an idiot.

1 comment:

ruchi said...

I tend to be a little OCD about my passport. On a drive to the airport I might check for it four or five times, like it would magically leap out of my purse and run away if I didn't.