October 10, 2007

testing the waters

I am taking off for nearly seven months, and I will have any sort of company for maybe…5 weeks of that time? At most? Spread out? So clearly, I need to get comfortable doing the traveling and all that it involves – the navigating, arranging, logistics, the pain in the ass stuff – all on my own.

And what better dry run than Milwaukee!

…yeah, I don’t know. But I was visiting friends in Chicago, and taking a couple of days to visit Madison, so I thought, why not? I’ve never been to Milwaukee, visited only in my most vivid Laverne & Shirley fantasies.

Turns out, Milwaukee is rather pretty:


ALSO turns out: I can up and decide to go somewhere, go there, wander some, find some lunch, and find my way out, all without a map, a plan, or any idea where I am. This bodes well for me, I think.

1 comment:

ruchi said...

yeah, I was shocked how much I liked Milwaukee as well.... did you go to the art museum? It's pretty kick ass.